Monday, April 25, 2016

Term 3: Storage Devices

Statement of Inquiry:
Data storage has evolved through technological advances in the medium of storage devices.

Introduction:
Storage devices is an essential part of the computer, without it, the computer will not work effectively. Storage devices come in many different forms, like SD cards, CD- ROM, USB and many more.

Global Context:

Information Literacy:
During the year I have used my skills of researching, but I have used a lot this topic since it requires a lot of it. I used my researching skills, this term, to make an informative booklet that was mainly aimed for the grade 7's. The main source engine/website I used to find the information is Google since it is a good website to get from one site to another. Another alternative website I can use, is Yahoo, since it is a trustworthy website to use. The websites I use vary from one to another, starting with Bitesize, BBC, Encyclopedia, Britannica and many other reliable and dependable informative websites. During this term of research, I will have to try to not use websites such as Yahoo Answers, Wiki Answers and many others because those websites can be easily edited, resulting in dishonest answers. The research skills I have used and will use in the future is: Analysis since I need to analyze the data from websites and collect the usable content. Another skill is: Critical thinking, since I need to use my imagination, creativity, logic and reasoning to find out information about the devices.

Communication:
I used my presentation skills this term to make the booklet more appealing towards the grade 7's, since this booklet is mainly aimed for them. First of all, I used a more straightforward English type of writing since the grade 7's like more simple, so they will be attracted to reading my informative booklet on devices. Another skill I used to make the booklet more appealing, is the different sized fonts and a wide variety of colors used. I used bold, and attracting colors to make the target audience get engaged to the booklet. And lastly, I used huge, and colorful pictures. This is what makes the booklet interesting because if the booklet is full of information, the students will get bored really quickly.

Fairness and Development:


Task:
Create a booklet for storage devices that is aimed for grade 7 students.

Cover page design sketch 1:


Annotations:

1. Titles are in simple handwriting, so it is easy to read and is eye appealing.
2. The titles are big and clear so the reader are attracted to it.
3. I drew a CD in the middle because it is interesting to read about.
4. The CD is big and has eye-attracting colors to attract the readers on to see the booklet.


Cover page design sketch 2:


Annotations:

1. Big storage device, a SD Card, to catch the reader's attention.
2. SD card is big and is colorful, so it attracts the reader.
3. Big writing to catch attention of the reader.
4. Colorful and bold writing.

Inner page design sketch 3:



Annotations:

1. Easy to read the info.
2. Clear format.
3. Simple design.
4. Big boxes, titles and drawings to attract the reader

Inner page design sketch 4:


1. Good clear design.
2. 3, big boxes for a lot of information.
3. Big, and simple titles,
4. Big drawing to attract the reader.


Reflection:

The task for the past 3 weeks was to make 2 cover page designs and 2 inner page designs. This was a very enjoyable and fun task to do because it was not too simple and it was not too complex. I found this project easy to do, because I am pretty good at doing titles and drawing. The cover page designs was untidy because it was hard to do a circle in the size of the paper, and I am a very clumsy person, so I can not keep my hand straight for a long period of time. The titles which I did, was pretty easy to do because it was simple handwriting. Even though its simple, it is still good because it is big and clear, making it easy to read and eye-appealing. 

Justification:

I chose cover page 2 and inner design 2 because both covers are really good, They have a good amount of detail and is very clear, It is going to be full of information but it is still very appealing and can easily catch the reader's attention.

Computer Booklet:






No comments:

Post a Comment